Monday, February 1, 2010

Comment Moderation

I often talk about the fact that everything I do on the blog I do for my one reader.  I have to confess that I don’t technically have just the one reader.  However, she’s the one who reads daily and comments.  I jokingly told Katy last month that I felt sorry for her because my New Year’s resolution required a lot of work from her as my one commenter.

I’ve known others read the blog but maybe don’t feel comfortable commenting or don’t want to take the time.  Over the weekend I was talking to my Mom and she told me that she’d read the blog and really liked one of my posts from last week.  I basked in the glory of being a successful writer for all of two seconds before she said, “but that one post, about your mattress?  That was WEIRD.  What were you thinking?”

I told Mom that if she wanted to issue a complaint she had to talk directly to the “Comments” department on my blog because I didn’t accept criticism in person.  I only accept praise.

Then Mom told me that she’d never seen any comments or anywhere to write comments.  So, please excuse my Mother and I while we have a technology lesson in blog-form.  But, just in case, you had been wanting to lodge a complaint (or compliment) but couldn’t figure out how to do so the comments are at the bottom of this post on the right.  Please feel free to do so, even if we’re strangers…. or if I’m your daughter.

For the rest of you (Katy), I apologize for wasting your precious time.  I promise to be back tomorrow with something worthwhile, like a list of my five favorite lip balms.

(I kid.  I could never choose only five favorite lip balms.)

5 comments:

  1. JUDY!! Let's be comment buddies!! (And I would really hope that Blistex Herbal and Burt's Pomegrante would make the top 5).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im a few days late and to you, a total stranger, but Katy and I graduated high school together what seems like many lives ago. I found you through her and I love, love reading your stuff. You have a great sense of humor and think of ways to describe things that I never would have!
    So, I'm Stephanie - nice to meet you : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stephanie! Nice to meet you too. Thanks so much for the comment and your kind words. It's interesting that my begging worked on someone I've never met, and yet my Mother has still not managed to find the time.
    Thanks again Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha ha...i don't really have anything worthwhile to contribute...i just wanna make you feel more important by receiving another comment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here I am. Now I will make comments until you are tired of them!! lol
    You know I am challenged when it comes to technology. So, stop abusing me!
    I agree with your new friend - quite a sense of humor in your writing. Maybe you should try writing a book.

    Katy, I am joining you!

    ReplyDelete