Wednesday, February 10, 2010

SNOW EVENT

Ladies and Gentlemen,

North Texas is bracing itself for a “SNOW EVENT” that may or may not be happening sometime between Wednesday evening and Saturday morning (we like to be extra prepared here in North Texas).

When said “EVENT” happens you can be certain that the local news will spend the better part of those four hours with a camera pointed on an icicle hanging off a bridge somewhere and talking about the dangerous driving conditions sure to come.

This is why I hate the news.

As much as I’d like to pretend that I’m all cool and laissez-faire about it all, I’m not.  And I am the one person who always buys into the hype that the news puts out there.  I am the one person watching that icicle and convincing myself that if I get into my car then I’ll get stuck somewhere in the ice and then I’ll have to skate home.

So, the whole point of this post? Pray for me.  Because while the snow is sure pretty, it sets my nerves on thin ice.

(I’ve never been prouder of my pun abilities!)

Love, Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment