Tuesday, February 16, 2010

High On Love

I kicked off my weekend a little early last week with two days off school.  Then on Friday, I got a computer virus, fixed my computer, took out the trash and waited for my BFF Chelsea to arrive at my casa for our weekend of fun.  There’s so much more to this story, but I just don’t have it in me to explain at this moment.

Once Chels got here we watched the Olympic opening ceremonies.  The whole time we were watching it we wondered where our favorite Canadian, Celine Dion was.  I also wondered why that Canadian Opera Singer did that to her hair.  Having sung some opera in my day, let me just tell you that the height of your hair is not directly related to your singing ability.  Don’t be fooled.

On Saturday I was invited to a party at my friend Cortnee’s apartment.  So, Chels and I set off to see what kind of Valentine’s trouble we could get into.  When we got there the place was DECKED OUT with VDay fun!

015

014We decorated cupcakes:

027

033

036

Had tons of fun!

019

021

Decorated Valentine’s (mine from Chels):
042

043       

And decided to make it a yearly event!

040

This was the table after it was all said and done:

041

A little scary.

My favorite story of the whole night came from our friend Dara.  D was more interested in eating the cupcakes than decorating them (and who can blame her, right?).  But she did have one big decorating idea- to ice a cupcake with as much marshmallow filling as possible and then write “High On Love” on her creation.

Here it is in the making:

028

And here it is as all the marshmallow filling melts over the sides:

029 

Ha!  We had the absolute best time!  It was the most fun party I’ve been to in a while.  It almost makes me wish for the next Valentine’s Day….. Almost.

On the 14th we went to go see the movie “Valentine’s Day” and watched a few episodes of ‘Lost’.  Then Chels had to leave, so I said goodbye to my Valentine then spent a romantic evening watching the Olympics.

There you have it.  The longest post with the least amount of actual information involved.

1 comment:

  1. it really was a great weekend...with you as my valentine i'm always "high on love"!! that didn't sound too creepy did it?

    ReplyDelete