Wednesday, February 3, 2010

French Fries and Photos

My friend Miranda and I have a standing dinner date each week.  We always meet halfway between our homes on Tuesdays.  Yesterday, I sent Mir a Facebook message beforehand and told her that there was a big flaw in our plan…. LOST.  The premiere started at 7 that night and I told her I couldn’t risk missing even a second of it, because if I did I would be more confused than ever.  She and I both know that if I get confused about something that happens on LOST then I end up calling and text messaging her non-stop until my feeble mind understands. 

To be completely honest with you, it takes many phone calls for my mind to wrap around the space-time continuum of LOST.  Every time I think of it I feel like I did on the day they taught about cells in freshman Biology- very close to a mental breakdown.  For some reason that doesn’t deter me from watching the show, which is interesting since, I gave up on all-things-science many moons ago in that Biology class.

Anyway, in order to ensure plenty of time to prepare for LOST, Miranda and I decided to meet for a Blue Plate Special at 4:30 last night.  We decided to have a little snack at Kincaid’s- a delicious Fort Worth burger joint.  When we arrived there were two other customers in the store and an employee training session going on in the back.  Mir and I decided to split a large order of their yummy fries and a chocolate shake.

IMG00096-20100202-1630 YUM!  And, since we split it- totally health conscious too!

After enjoying some of our fries we both realized that, come 8:15 we were going to be extremely hungry.  That’s when we decided to split a burger as well.  But, neither of us wanted to have to actually get up and go place the order- so we did what any rational adults would do.  We played rock-paper-scissors and left the decision up to fate.

As Miranda walked up to the check-out to place our second order of the night I noticed that the cashier and cook had disappeared somewhere in the back.  This left her standing at the counter with no one around, except me, an elderly couple and a room full of Kincaid’s employees in the back.  It was awkward for poor Miranda to just stand there and wait, particularly because I’m guessing they don’t get many repeat customers- especially when they repeat within 15 minutes of their first order.

So, as Miranda took one for the team, waiting to be helped in a nearly deserted restaurant I did what any good friend would do….

IMG00095-20100202-1630I laughed while I took pictures of her with my phone’s camera.

2 comments:

  1. oh wow...good to know we can always count on you to take awkward pics of your freinds and post them on your blog. to miranda i just have to say....be glad you weren't wearing a bonnett!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Lost? Oh my goodness, I've just given up trying to understand. I'm just glad Sayiid made it through the episode; he's my fave. AND, did you know he was one a recent SVU??

    2. Crystal + Miranda + Kincaids = A very sad Katy who is now craving your company and a bacon cheeseburger. She really does look so lonely up there!

    ReplyDelete