Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year, New You

I don’t typically make New Year’s Resolutions.  I’m not sure if it’s because I never keep them or because it seems silly to write them out.  As I get older, it makes more and more sense to make goals for yourself.  In school, there are always deadlines and an objective.  You have things to accomplish.  Since I’m no longer in school and I work for myself it seemed important to give myself some short and long-term goals for the year.

I won’t bore you with all of them, but here are a few things I’m looking forward to in 2010:

1. Blogging- I know that my loyal reader is sad when she checks here every other week to see that I have made no new posts.  So, my goal for the month of January is to blog 5 days a week.  This is a serious goal for me, and please don’t expect each day to be like you’re reading an excerpt from “War and Peace”.  There’s a good chance all I’ll come up with on January 17th is a link to the ‘All the Single Babies’ video on YouTube.  But, I’m gonna try.

2. Friends and Family- I’m hoping to be better about writing, emailing, calling and seeing my people this year.  I am really blessed to have such an incredible group of loved ones and I don’t want to take them for granted.

3. Gratitude and Giving- I am very lucky to live with a roof over my head and food on my table.  In February I am going on a spending fast and I won’t buy anything that isn’t a necessity.  I want to be grateful for the many blessings I do have instead of focusing on the the things I don’t.  I want to live life open-handed this year and give openly and happily to others.

4. Teaching- Be a better teacher.  Keep my students’ needs in mind as my first priority.  Think big picture.

5. Faith- Loving God, trusting Him, believing in Him.  With all that I have and all that I am.  He is my great reward.  I plan to read through the Bible in a year and spend more time in prayer. 

I have no doubt that I will fail miserably at this, but the good news is that I will be blogging five days a week in January to tell you all about it!  So sit back and relax- it’s gonna be awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Your reader was behind and was thrilled to see several new posts! And I'll be expecting "War and Peace" every day, so I hope you don't disappoint.

    I love your goals. You make me want become a more selfless giver.

    ReplyDelete