Monday, February 8, 2010

The Super Bowl Of Boring

Did you do anything interesting over the weekend?  I didn’t.

Which was nice, but not very conducive to writing a blog.

This was the first year in many years that I was actually interested in watching the Super Bowl.  Truthfully, I just wanted to go to a Super Bowl Party.  The kind of party where all the guys watch the game and all the girls stand around the kitchen where the food is until the commercials come on.  I am truly in my element when I’m talking and surrounded by plentiful cheese products, chips and other bite-sized foods.

Unfortunately, I didn’t have any friends nearby throwing Super Bowl parties.  Unless I count my neighbor and her friends along with their 14 combined dogs who all traipsed in and out of our stairwell four million times, slamming the door and barking every time (they should know better- Grandma in 204A has to be in bed by 8:30 at the latest).  But, I don’t count my neighbor, her friends and the dogs because they didn’t invite me to their party.  I wonder why?

I decided that even if I couldn’t stand around the kitchen I would still watch the game.  Then I had to decide what to eat.  Earlier in the afternoon I had gotten a fast-food menu tweet from Sonic (yes, I follow Sonic and Chic-fila on Twitter because- in my world- they’re the REAL celebrities).  Their suggestions included some old friends of mine- chili cheese tots, jalapeno poppers, mozzarella cheese sticks and popcorn chicken.

Part of my heart really wanted to eat all of those things at my impromptu Super Bowl Party….

But the other part of my heart didn’t want to deal with the inevitable atherosclerosis.

So I settled for a Diet Coke.  Did you do anything (and by “do anything” I mean “eat anything”) exciting for the Super Bowl?

No comments:

Post a Comment