Thursday, February 18, 2010

Fat Tuesday Leads To Lazy Wednesday

On Fat Tuesday I decided to go crazy.  Well, I don’t know if I decided to go crazy or if I just went crazy, but that’s neither here nor there.  Anyway, I had a leftover box of Red Velvet Cake from Valentine’s day and I decided to celebrate Fat Tuesday with some Red Velvet Cupcakes.  My logic wasn’t totally sound.  Why I felt the need to make the whole box, when I wasn’t planning on going anywhere with it or having anyone over for cupcakes, is still a little mysterious to me.  I just kept thinking “it’s Fat Tuesday, I have to do this”.  I was probably basking in the glory of our cupcake party from last week, which was a ton of fun.  However, I think that had more to do with the company than the cupcakes.  Apparently I’m only cut out for the group sports.

Anyway, after making a dozen cupcakes and frosting them, I was exhausted.  So exhausted that I only ate one of the cupcakes- maybe this had more to do with the sugar rush I was already riding from taste-testing the icing than it has with being exhausted.  And I had to go to bed early because of my decision to give up my snooze button for Lent.

Let me repeat that: I’m giving up my snooze button for Lent.

I totally stole this from Chelsea, but I was so inspired by her that I went for it.  I’ve decided that I really need to give up my slothfulness for Lent and this is one step in the right direction.  So, the idea is to get up when my alarm goes off and get lots more accomplished in the mornings.  That’s the idea….

Wednesday morning, Day 1 of Lent, didn’t go so well.  I definitely gave up my snooze button.  However, after I turned my alarm off (without pressing snooze) I promptly rolled over and went back to sleep until about thirty minutes before it was time to leave for work.  Not really a rousing success.  But, I’m a work in progress.

The good news is that I did manage to get rid of half a dozen cupcakes.  I gave them to my friend Yumi and told her they were a Southern delicacy that she had to try.

I’m thinking of trading the other half a dozen cupcakes for a the services of a nanny who gently wakes me up every morning.  That sounds like a fair trade, right?

1 comment:

  1. yeah the no snooze button is good in theory....until i realized that just becaause i turn off my alarm and don't have another one coming doesn't necessarily mean i will get out of bed! oops!!

    ReplyDelete