Thursday, April 29, 2010

Checkout Cheat

Yesterday I was standing in line at the grocery store checkout patiently waiting my turn when the manager came over and said, “M'a’am, we can get you over on Aisle 1 right now, if you’re ready.”

Aisle 1.

This has happened to me on more than one occasion and it upsets me.  Now I realize that it may sound like the height of stupidity to be upset about someone getting me out of the checkout line in a timely manner, BUT…  The problem is that, Aisle 1? That’s 15 items or less.  And I had about 35 items.  So, I come out looking like the checkout cheat who is trying to ignore the rules and believes that her milk and Pringles are more important than everyone else’s 15 items.  Not the case.

Once again my irrational need to please people is pitted against my irrational need to obey the rules.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh. That has totally happened to me too, and it's like I can actually feel the angry stares boring into the back of my head. I want to say, "The lady said it was ok!!!" But then I get to walk out while everyone else is still waiting, and then I don't care anymore. :0)

    ReplyDelete