Thursday, April 15, 2010

So, You Think You Can Blog…

Y’all.  It’s finally happened. 

It only took a year and two months but I am officially blogxhausted.

I have nothing interesting to write about or say, so I decided to do a little brainstorming and came up with nothing.  Then I decided to go through all my old facebook photos in hopes of coming up with an entertaining anecdote and all that did was waste an hour of my time.  I stopped myself before I went through old wall posts.  Facebook is such a wonderful and convenient research tool, it makes me really thankful that I went to Graduate school just to learn that databases will get you nowhere, but facebook succeeds every time.

When people find out I have a blog they usually ask me two questions:

1. “Why?”

Haha!  It’s totally understandable, why do you blog?  Who wants all their thoughts out there in the public domain?  Most women who blog are “Mommy Bloggers” women who want to keep a record of their everyday family lives or important milestones.  In case you haven’t noticed, I have no children and the only milestones I keep track of are whether or not I’ve hit any exceptional sales that week.  There are also people who blog about home decorating, fashion, weddings, sports and politics.  But, since I excel at none of those things I have a blog about nothing.  Thus, making me the Seinfeld of the blogging world.  Basically, I blog because I’ve always enjoyed writing (minus the constraints that language arts can put on a girl) and because I have some thoughts on some things that I figure other people might be interested in.  As odd as it sounds I’ve felt like blogging has become a way for me to praise God for the little moments in my life that I may not have recognized in the past.

2. “How do you do it?”

Most people are also curious about how I write so often, which is slightly mortifying considering I only blogged 3 days last week.  I know it’s shocking, what with my pressing social calendar, but I try and set aside some time to try and write each night.  The main thing that keeps me writing is my need to please people (if that comes as a surprise to you then you must be new here.  Hi!  My name is Crystal and I am a people pleaser.).  I realize that’s slightly unusual to try to blog for my 3 readers since I speak to each of those 3 readers on a daily basis, but it’s my cross to bear.

And now after posting all about my blogging success I’ll be lucky if any of you have survived the boredom to make it to the end of this post.

2 comments:

  1. ok i would just like to apologize cuz i was definitely one of the why!?!? people when you first told me about your blog...but i am very glad that you do it cuz i am always very entertained by it!! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you blog? Because you talked me into starting, so it's only fair that you have your own. And after reading this I went through all of my fb photos...and yours...and tons of other people's. I really enjoyed my walk down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete