Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Ladies Who Lunch

I know this confession may shock you, but here it is:

I LOVE having lunch with friends.

Lunch?  Good. 

Friends?  Great. 

Lunch with friends?  Stupendous.

It truly is one of life’s greatest pleasures to meet friends for lunch.  Lunch has always been a special treat in my world.  When I was younger my Mother would pick me up from school when we had a half-day and we would go have lunch at our favorite cafe in town Conrad’s.  I would always get the Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie for dessert, and if that’s not reason enough to love lunch, I don’t know what is. 

So, yesterday when my students had testing all day I decided not to rearrange my schedule and instead met my friends for lunch. 

Miranda didn’t have long to get away from work so she, Katy, Ginger and I headed over to Sonic for lunch.  Which we ate in the car.  I realize it doesn’t sound all that awesome but it ended up being really fun.  We could be as loud as we wanted and there were tater tots involved so it’s pretty much a win-win situation for yours truly.

katy at sonic

Katy was excited about Sonic!  (It bears mentioning that this little Mama had a baby less than two months ago.  Seriously.  She still looks like she did when we were 18. Not fair.)

Here’s the backseat where Miranda and Ginger were staring lovingly into one another’s eyes:

miranda and ginger sittin in a tree

We had the best time chatting and eating.  Except Ginger, who didn’t get to try any tots and got a little upset about it.  I can’t wait for Ginger to be a bit older so we can go out for lunch, go shopping and teach her all the important things about being a girl! 

Finally, all girl’s know that one of the most important things about a good lunch is a good view…urethane foam truckAnd nothing whets the appetite like “Urethane Foam”.

4 comments:

  1. Can I just say again that I am SO OVER this wind? And how is it that Mir's hair looks great, and my bangs might as well be plastered to my big forehead?

    I love a lunch date too, and had so much fun getting to see you! I'm sorry Ginger was so irritable- she's so sweet right now and I don't know why every time you see her she's cranky pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to have lunch together sometime soon. It will be a friends and mother/daughter lunch.

    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not know how this happened! Sorry Cry! I posted the above comment, not you!

    Mom (Judy)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry! I don't know how this happened. I posted the comment.

    Mom (Judy)

    ReplyDelete