Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens, 4.6.10

A few of my favorite internet things from today:

1. This Color Career Counselor.  I find this so fascinating, unfortunately, my job path is pretty set in stone considering the thousands of dollars I’ve spent getting highly specialized degrees, but nonetheless- this is fun!  And was pretty accurate for me.

2. My friend David is SUPER talented and generous and right now you can be the benefactor of his generosity by heading over to this site where you will be able to download his album for FREE.  That’s right folks, music greatness all for the low, low price of zero dollars and free cents.  Make sure you get there before 5 p.m. today though or you’ll miss out on all the wonderful free music.  After you’ve got his music in your possession listen to “Deal Me In” and you can thank me later.

3. Recently, I was catching up on Lost and spent a good few hours on Hulu last Saturday (why yes, I do have an extremely busy social life).  Anyway, this commercial came on approximately 72 times but I didn’t even care.  It’s almost on par with Hallmark commercials for me, because I truly don’t mind watching it.  In fact, I really enjoy it.

4. I have a friend who was recently set up on a blind date, and I decided to lend a helping hand to prepare her for the awkwardness of it all.  Now, in this particular case all names have been changed to protect the innocent (and by “innocent” I mean my friend strictly forbade me from mentioning her name in connection to this on my blog.  Why she’s so worried about one of my eight readers letting the cat out of the bag is beyond me, but I can’t afford to lose any friends on the road to expanding my media empire, so we’ll just call her “a friend”) but I ended up finding this article for my friend.  It’s full of helpful and insightful tips.  My particular favorite is the suggestion that, during an initial phone call you should give intentional responses and share something about yourself.  The author says that, when asked ‘how are you?’ the girl should respond with “I am great. I just returned from an exhilarating run with my college best friend.”  So, I told her she should speak in that same weird broken-English and when the fella asks ‘how she is’ she should tell him something completely inappropriate like ‘I am well.  I just returned from dropping it like it is hot’.

5. What did we ever do before Etsy?  Anyway, I want everything from this Etsy shop.  But, I especially want this one and this one and this one.  Just to name a few.

Have a great day my friends!

1 comment:

  1. 1. Here are some of the resulsts for my Color Career Counselor: Medical Illustrator, Corporate Trainer, Author, Editor, Landscape Architect, Exhibit Builder, and Package Designer.

    Can I highlight some of these? Medical Illustrator?? Exhibit Builder??? Package Designer??

    I'm in love with those necklaces. Good call looking on Etsy, because nowadays I tend to only look at baby stuff that can be monogrammed. I also think that model is especially gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete