Monday, April 19, 2010

Romantic Reunion

Do you guys remember this story about a man named George, me, the library and new levels of social awkwardness?  Hard to forget, huh?

Recently, I was at the Kroger parking lot, minding my own business, heading to my car.  As I put my groceries in the backseat a (creepy, white) van pulled into the parking space next to me.  The driver had to wait for my friend Yumi to close her door before he could get out and when he finally opened it he smiled and spoke (in an accented voice) ‘I didn’t know if she saw me’.  I would recognize that voice anywhere…  GEORGE.

I looked up and we locked eyes. 

Then I jumped in my car and locked the doors. 

If I wasn’t sure before, then seeing George again confirmed two things for me:

1. I am seriously disturbed by him and his creepy van.

2.  If, for no other reason than the van, George and I simply aren’t meant to be.

At least I made good on my promise- I’ll never be able to forget him.

1 comment:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. (Really- that's the only thing I can think to say.)

    ReplyDelete