Monday, May 3, 2010

Weekend of Weird

On Saturday morning I agreed to attend a party for the students who I teach voice lessons too.  At Main Event.  Just for clarification that’s yours truly, Main Event (bowling, video games, laser tag and glow in the dark putt-putt), and 25 seventh and eighth grade boys and girls.  And I had to be there at 8:45.  And I volunteered to do it.  Let’s let that all sink in for a moment of silence.

I’m gonna need two moments.

Done.

At some point, between getting slaughtered at bowling by a 14 year old girl and chasing a 13 year old around a pillar carrying a laser gun while in a dark room filled with fog I realized that this wasn’t my typical Saturday morning.  I mean, the dark room filled with fog is normal, but the rest is definitely unusual.

Let’s just say, that after a morning of being terrorized by teenagers I was exhausted.  So, I left around noon, made a few phone calls and decided to take a little Saturday afternoon nap.  It was perfect napping weather, overcast and gloomy, so I settled in and ended up sleeping for 4 and a half hours.  I don’t think I’ve taken a nap that long since college or maybe even high school.  When I woke up at 6:30 I felt a more than a little out of it.  And if I hadn’t needed to sleep so badly then I would have felt like the day was ruined, but I choose to look on the bright side and think about all the sleep I’d caught up on.

So, after the weirdest Saturday on record at casa de Crystal, I am kind of ready for the work week to begin.  And that is going to be the first and last time you’ll ever hear me say that.

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Crystal! Why don't I read your blog?! Well I do now. You make me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Thanks Morg! You definitely make me laugh too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've really only been to Main Event for a lock-in. I didn't even know it was open that early. And in other Kapuna news, he was definitely sportin his Main Event socks when Melanie left for the prom.

    ReplyDelete