Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Words, Words, Words

I don’t know about you but there are some words that I constantly have trouble spelling.   Trying to write without the assistance of my computer would probably be next to impossible nowadays since spell check has become my accomplice in ignorance.  I’m embarrassed to say that I have never learned how to spell certain words correctly. 

For instance, “rhythm”.   5 years of undergrad (because I crammed 4 years of college into 5) and 2 and a half years of grad school combine to equal nearly 8 years of writing papers and being very confused about how to spell rhythm.  If you think my papers took a long time to write then you can imagine what my notes looked like in theory class.  It’s just too many h’s for my brain to compute.

Also, “reimbursement”.  This is a word I hate to have to use, but it does occasionally become important in the billing portion of my job.  Other words I have to rely on spell check for:  perseverance, Massachusetts and embarrassed (I’ve already misspelled and respelled it once in this post, which I am very embarrassed about).

Do you have any spelling words that embarrass you?

1 comment:

  1. Yes. I do. And it's extra embarassing that there is not spell check in the comment section. Don't judge me.

    Wednesday. February (that's unfortuante because my daughter was born in that month). Recipe. And most of the world can't spell my maiden name, either.

    ReplyDelete