Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Weekend, Part 2

If you missed the first two days of my weekend scroll on down and check it out.  On Sunday I invited some friends to join me at the Denton Jazz and Arts Festival.  I love a festival, I love fun music and I especially love people watching, so I knew that I was in for a good time.

On with the pictures:

020 Chelsea, Cortnee and Dara

021 Ready to Go!

022

023

Dara and I were both ROCKIN’ our Sperry’s, while Chelsea opted for a 1996 throw-back courtesy of some Jellies.

024

Chelsea and I preparing for the walk to the fest.

025

When we got to the festival, the first thing we saw was this woman, on stage with her band, rockin’ out on the keyboard with both legs stretched WIIIIDE apart in her short little dress.  She had a voice that kind of sounded like a character from Sesame Street only she was singing about magic and dragons.  In retrospect, I’m kind of disturbed on behalf of those poor girls standing in front of the stage to have their picture made.  But, at the time, all I could think was “THIS is what I want to see at a festival”.

Next, we headed over to grab some lemonade, and thus, begin our trip through the festival via awesome/terrible foods.  Prepare yourself for a montage of our favorites.

027

Lemonade.

028

Cotton Candy (making all my dreams come true).

031

Iced Tea.

034

Funnel Cake (making all Chelsea’s festival dreams come true, and doubling the festival blessings for me)

 

Finally, after eating our way across about 20 acres of festival we sat down and enjoyed some tunes.

029

I didn’t get a picture of the belly dancers (you can thank me later) or the Vigilante Band (a favorite band of ours that only played 16 measures at a time) or the man walking around on stilts (because, obviously…).  But, I think you get the overall impression of how awesome the Jazz Fest was.  Maybe next year you can bring your Jellies (or Sperry’s) and eat your way across town with us!

2 comments:

  1. How fun! You guys are so cute! And I'm super jealous of the the food- it looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny! Had the best time ever Crys!

    ReplyDelete