Monday, March 29, 2010

Weekend in Review

Happy Monday morning!

This weekend FLEW by me.  Between working late on Friday afternoon, judging NATS (National Association of Teachers of Singing) voice competitions all day long on Saturday and daylight savings time still confusing me, there wasn’t a lot of downtime this weekend.

So, all that, combined with the fact that until about 10 minutes before my bedtime I forgot to type up the recital program for my students’ recital this week, I am spent.

Right now, I am longing for summer (Even though I have no idea what this summer will bring).  So, just to tide you all over (and because who doesn’t love a blast from the past?) here’s a little Monday Madness photo:

Childhood 001 (2)

This photo was taken in my backyard, in our above-ground swimming pool.  Several things here are worth mentioning:

1. Our above-ground pool kind of looks like an infinity pool here.  So, if anybody asks, we were super fancy and had an infinity pool (that, apparently, looked off into the infinity of a pasture).

2. I promise I’m wearing a swimsuit.

3. I actually look, almost, tan in this photo.  This is probably the first and last time I looked tan.  Since then I’ve learned the hard lesson that when you have my skin a tan lasts for a summer but melanoma lasts a lifetime.

4. Neither my brother, nor I have pushed our bangs out of our faces.  I don’t know why, but that cracks me up.  Also, have you ever seen two kids who look less excited to be in a pool?

5. I think I look a lot like my Mom in this picture.

Only a few days till Easter! YAY!

1 comment:

  1. You DO look like your mom. So sweet! And right now, I would give anything to go float in that pool. It looks lovely.

    And thanks for feeding your insatiable need to please people. I greatly benefit from it and enjoy your posts. :0)

    ReplyDelete