Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tasty Treats

The other day at lunch I was talking to some of the ladies at school and we were discussing food.  Namely: snack food.  One of my favorite conversations. 

Anyway, we were talking about our favorite snacks and one of the other teacher’s said “I love Twizzler’s but I don’t really know why”.  I had to laugh at that because if I had a Twizzler for every time I’ve said that about some food product, I’d be a happy, happy girl.  Anyway, she went on to say that the Twizzler was her snack-of-choice but she didn’t even think they had that much flavor.  After she said that a bunch of us agreed that we also loved the licorice treat but didn’t really know why we were so partial to them.

Most of the time I don’t really think about why I like what I’m eating.  I just think things like: “what kind of addictive drugs are in this queso?” or “I wonder if I can buy these barbecue Pringles in bulk?” and “if I get this ‘regular sized’ Snicker’s bar instead of the ‘King size’ then I bet it’s saving, like, a 10,000 calories!”.

So, it got me wondering- what kind of snack foods do you love?  Maybe it doesn’t make sense for you to love it… but sometimes love doesn’t make sense.

(Note: I am not getting any kickbacks from Twizzler’s, Pringles, Snicker’s or Queso.  But, if any of them would like to contact me, I can be bought.  For cheap.)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my. Are you really ready for this? I'll do this by category.

    SALTY: [Mostly] all flavors of Pringles, Bold Chex Party Mix, popcorn, tortilla chips, corn dogs

    SWEET: Reeces, Oreos, powdered sugar donuts, chocolate ice cream, nutella, gummi bears, orange slices, peanut m&m's

    CHEESY: Queso, Cheetos, Doritos, mac-n-cheese, bagel bites and/or pizza rolls

    ReplyDelete