Thursday, March 25, 2010

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Wednesday

Recently I went to the dollar movies (on a school night- I felt so cool) and I saw that movies are usually $2 (which totally defeats the purpose of calling them the dollar movies) but on Tuesdays they are $1.50.  I got so excited!  Who doesn’t love to save 50 cents?  That’s halfway to a happy hour drink at Sonic.  Well, whenever I went to pay the girl behind the counter charged me $2.  This instantly ticked me off, but there was a line and I hate confrontation so I meekly took my ticket and headed to the theater.  I sat through the whole movie (New Moon- for the second time) and I was ticked.  Every once in a while I would think about it and get really mad but then I would get over it.  After the movie, we were walking out of the theater I told my friend that I was super bummed that I didn’t get the discount and she said “yeah, me too.  Next time we need to be sure to come on a Tuesday.”  On the outside I was all, “yeah, totally” but on the inside I thought ‘it’s NOT Tuesday???’.  Nope.  It was a Wednesday.

The week before this story happened I was out to dinner with my friend Yumi and I ordered the Wednesday special, my cute little waitress said “I’m sorry ma’am, we don’t have that special today”.  I looked at her like she was crazy, ready to harm anyone in the way of my Chicken ‘n’ Dumplings (thank you, Cracker Barrell), and said “why not?”.  She answered “we only serve the Thursday special today”.  I thought ‘well that’s stupid, what kind of world do we live in where you can only get the Thursday special on Wednesday?’.  Then it hit me.  Yep.  Thursday.

So, all this to say: welcome to my blog, I hope you’ll join me along the journey to losing my mind.

2 comments:

  1. A conversation with Daniel last week.

    Katy: "Hey, I really miss you a lot. How are things at home? Don't forget to take the trash out in the morning."

    Daniel: "Ok I will...the day after tomorrow. It's Tuesday, and the trash comes Thursday."

    Katy: "It's Tuesday????!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are way too young to be doing this!!!! Maybe I should buy you a pocket calendar so you can check it often. Oh, but I am sure your phone has a calendar and even displays the day at a glance...........
    Mom

    ReplyDelete