Monday, March 8, 2010

Odds and Ends and Oscars

Well, folks it was a rough weekend at Casa de Crystal. Unfortunately, telling the story would require me to get up, walk over to find my camera, uploading photos and then commenting. And since all of that would interrupt my laziness, it ain’t gonna happen.

However, I knew that your week could not begin without a few updates from me. So, here’s a look at what’s coming up this week.

I’ll be posting all about my weekend, which included a trip to the opera, public humiliation, and hobbling through the streets of downtown Dallas.  And that was only one night of the weekend.

Yea. Ponder that in your heart and get ready for tomorrow.

I’ll also be posting about all of my recent purchases since my financial fast has been broken. Including some photos of me and a bump-it.

Speaking of bump-its. Did you guys watch the Oscars?

Here are a few thoughts (that you may have already heard if you follow me on twitter):

1. It seemed like most actresses brought their A-Game this year with their dresses. My top ten list includes: Sandra Bullock, Queen Latifah, Meryl Streep, Anna Kendrick, Cameron Diaz, JLo, Kristen Stewart, Miley Cyrus, Kate Winslet and Amanda Seyfried.  And the laziness I mentioned earlier means that you’ll just have to find out what they wore all on your own.  Think of it as a scavenger hunt.

2. Was it just me or did they seem to waste a lot of time this year?  10 minutes on horror films?

3. By the way- a tribute to horror films? They’re lucky I didn’t turn it off in protest.

4. It bothers me that they are saying “and the winner is” instead of “and the Oscar goes to…”.  They’re all winners. It’s an honor just to be nominated.

5. Macaulay Culkin was there. With the Brat Pack.  All my 1992 dreams come true.

6. Did I mention the horror films?  What was with the horror films?

7. I loved last year when all the former winners got up to give affirmations to the nominees and I thought they weren’t going to do that this year, but I’m so glad they did.  What a cool idea.

8. I spent 10 minutes of my life watching a tribute to horror films. Ugh.

2 comments:

  1. Totally agreed with Anna and Queen. I thought they were both especially beautiful, and I totally missed Kristen. I heard her dress was
    really pretty.

    And I am ready for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they def had some ups and downs with the layout...no song performances!?!?!? come on academy!! i will say that i actually didn't like the affirmations last year cuz they did that instead of showing performance clips...but this year they found a way to work in both which i was a fan of.

    ReplyDelete