Thursday, February 12, 2009

Performance Anxiety

To say that I am a little nervous about writing my first post might be the understatement of the year. I would have started this blog two weeks ago, but unfortunately choosing a name for my blog was the on-line equivalent of 'Sophie's Choice'. Hopefully, that is not indicative of my future here. Most likely, I will write two posts, realize only three people ever read my blog and then quit.
I decided to start blogging because I have become somewhat addicted to reading the blogs of complete strangers, and after I bullied my buddy Katy into blogging, I felt as though I should start my own blog. I figure the world wide web is really in need of more pointless information and I have always been burdened to give the people what they want.
I teach private voice lessons and am in grad school studying vocal pedagogy and performance (big words to describe a life of little money and no health care benefits). The fact that I am getting my master's truly astounds me, as I am sure it does to almost every professor and friend I had from the ages of 18-20. I loved college, or as I refer to them "the glory days". I'm a member of the Dallas Baptist University Class of '06. Actually, I technically graduated in '07, but that's only because I skillfully managed to cram four years of college into five.
Maybe in the future I can add some hilarious stories into the mix. But I think I've exhausted myself already today. It probably does not bode well for my blogging future that one little post does me in.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out. Keep em' comin.

    Also, I still haven't seen Sophie's Choice, although I saw it was on TV the other day. Can you help a girl out?

    ReplyDelete