Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Lost, Indeed

Every Wednesday evening I get home from class just in time to turn on my tv and watch "Lost". Some might say this is a bold move for a girl who hasn't really kept up with, oh, I don't know, the last four or five seasons. Luckily, I don't let the little things get me down. I'll watch the show that has enough random characters to fill a small army (not to mention all the time traveling) if I wanna. So what if I don't know who the person is that's talking, or where / when they are. An episode of "Lost" will typically end in a confused call or text to my friend Miranda who inevitably clears up any questions I have or directs me to the 'Lostpedia'. The show should probably come with some disclaimer that says 'two parts entertainment, one part brain teaser'. However, I really can't fathom giving up on it all. I feel like I'll be missing out on something important, like- in college when I couldn't go to my room and sleep (even if I had just pulled an all-nighter) because I couldn't bear the thought that I might miss something funny or important. Nope, instead, I will suffer through, without DVR, mind you.

On the subject of DVR, can I just be honest and say that I truly believe God planted the idea and technology of the DVR into the brain of man for me and me alone. I feel like God really knew my heart and wanted to give me the gift of the DVR as a testament of His love for me. The only problem with this is that I don't currently have a DVR at my apartment and I believe I am more bitter because I know how life changing it can be. The hardest part is that sometimes I forget that I do not have the handy fast-forward button, so I try and make my remote control skip stuff but then I remember and I get stuck watching commercials. It is a hard pill to swallow, my friends.

So, if you hear a loud sound next Wednesday night around nine, it is probably the sound of my poor, confused brain exploding. Or, at the very least, tears over my inability to teleport myself forward in time to the day that I have a DVR.

1 comment:

  1. We just got DVR when the cable and phone were reconnected in the new house. That first day I was SO EXCITED, because Wonder of Wonder Miracle of Miracles, an SVU marathon came on, and I was ecstatic to record all 8 hours of it. But, it didn't work. IT DIDN'T RECORD!!! Lame. City.

    ReplyDelete