Sunday, February 15, 2009

Because I'm A Woman Of My Word....

Let's just be honest. This weekend was Valentine's Day and I am a single lady. Typically, this- combined with the fact that I had no plans would culminate in what I like to call "the perfect storm". However, God took pity on me this year and reminded me of all the love I do have in my life. I am blessed beyond measure by truly deep and meaningful friendships, as well as a great family whose love is never ending. Plus, armed with Beyonce's hit song "Single Ladies" I was ready to face down my Valentine's Day demons (I promise that I am just being dramatic- I don't have any demons. I swear).
Anyway, I managed to keep busy this weekend because my AMAZING friend Miranda invited me over to her casa to hang out on VDay (Shout out Miranda!). We had a ton of fun hanging out with Mir's crew from her Single's Group. As always, the highlight of our time together was eating and laughing together. One of the reason's I love Miranda so much is that when she starts to giggle she quickly gets carried away and can't stop- which is really infectious. It's the best. Anyway, I told her I would send her a little online holler and so, here it is!
Now I am off to finish my laundry and a little work for tomorrow, wish me luck.

Love.

P.S. If anyone reads this blog they should say a little prayer for me Monday evening because I'm going to this thing at my church and I'm going to have to meet a lot of new people and not be shy and I am a little nervous about it. Eek! Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. You are my favorite forever Valentine, and I wish had a paper doily to glue to a red construction paper heart to give you.

    And, I think you are the bravest toaster for going to the small-group sign up thing at your church.

    ReplyDelete