Monday, November 9, 2009

Dichotomy

On Friday morning I completed my graduate studies.  In order to finish I had to sit in a room with three of my mentors/professors and answer the questions that they fired at me.  It was nerve wracking.  But, I am now (almost) officially a Master of the Arts!  There aren’t enough exclamation points in the world to convey how excited this makes me.

So, Friday morning was, arguably, the most important day in my educational and professional career and on Saturday morning I got up and baby-sat.  If this wasn’t my life I would be laughing hysterically.  I baby-sit because I love the family and I truly consider this “job” a ministry, plus the money doesn’t hurt.  Also, I realized after talking to Omar on Saturday morning that not only am I a Master of the Arts I am also a Master of Harry Potter.  He’s obsessed right now and so we spent most of the day talking about Harry.  I’m not even trying pretend like I didn’t love every second of it.

2 comments:

  1. So I don't check this every day, and I always get really excited whenever I see several posts to catch up on!

    And, umm, did you just use the word "dichotomy?" You really MUST be a Master of the Arts, H.P., and I'll even throw in Vocabulary, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say? The size of my brain is almost embarassing.

    ReplyDelete