Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Boredom Syndrome

I am about to reveal some frightening insights into my soul.

Thing #1- When I am bored I shop.
Thing #2- When I am busy I do not shop, but rewear the same clothes over and over again, wearing them into oblivion. Literally.

As you can imagine the second thing greatly exacerbates the first (Yes, I threw down exacerbates in my sentence. Suck on that). I realized this week that I only had two pairs of jeans that I like and wear and that fit. Then I realized that of those jeans, each had a growing hole. Not a hole at the cuff, that I could potentially get away with wearing at work, but at the crotch. Not appropriate. Since jeans are my favorite, I knew I needed to get to the store asap and buy some new ones.

This is where thing #1 becomes an issue. Too much time on my hands means that I start to fill that time with shopping and I now have a ton of staples that I need, which means a lot of money must be spent. I can't bring myself to confess how much money. But, let's just say.... ouch.

It's never been more apparent that I need to take up a new hobby. Preferably one that doesn't require money or ever visiting a store but that keeps me highly entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment