Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fried Felicitations

Recently I was talking with my mom and I told her that if I had to eat just ONE fried food for the rest of my life I thought I’d choose hush puppies.

Let that just sink in for a moment.

Hush puppies.

hush-puppies-recipe-md

I don’t remember what we were discussing that caused me to make such a bold declaration, but I really felt it in that moment.  Never mind the world of french fries, corny dogs, fried chicken, doughnuts, fried mozzarella sticks, sopaipillas and jalapeno poppers.

But then I realized the one reason why I cannot commit to just eating the hush puppy for the rest of my life.

That reason?

The funnel cake.

funnelcake (On a related note, I can’t remember a single occasion on which I ate a funnel cake that wasn’t resting on a paper plate.  I’m sure they exist but I’m afraid it wouldn’t be as good if you weren’t constantly balancing the funnel cake so that you don’t end up with powdered sugar all over your lap.)

What fried food would you choose?

2 comments:

  1. I think I might have to go with a corn dog. Either that or funnel cakes. And what an interesting point about the paper plate. It really is so hard to eat that on a paper plate, because powdered sugar always falls onto your fingers, and then the grease soaks through the plate...it's generally a ooey-gooey delicious fried mess.

    Ok, I've just spent the past 10 minutes trying to figure out how to copy and paste a picture here. I'll either email or fb it, but just know it's very appropriate for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting that you call it a corn dog not a corny dog. How is it that we are best friends but you are soo much classier than me?? I can't wait to see your pic.

    ReplyDelete