Thursday, December 10, 2009

Chump Change

Recently, I was leaving my apartment and saw a man outside my door. He was downstairs outside of, what I call, the security door (it takes two doors to get to my apartment- because I'm all safety conscious and whatnot). I have to say that, my apartment almost always feels safe to me, but strange men outside my door, on dark nights makes me a little nervous.

The man saw me and called out to me: "Ma'am? Could I trouble you for some gas money? I really need to get some gas and I don't have enough money."

Did I mention he was riding a bike?

Well, the man was riding a bike and as he asked me for some gas money he pedaled over to me. I wanted to explain to him that it didn't seem like his vehicle took gas, unless it was some sort of hybrid unleaded fuel that I don't know about.

Instead I gave him 58 cents and sent him pedaling on his way.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I really do just love the layout. Did you figure out header stuff?

    And how much gas do you think .58 can buy? Maybe a few drizzles?

    ReplyDelete