Saturday, July 4, 2009

Because I Got Nothin’ Else…

Well, I figured it was time to enter my bi-monthly post.  I’ve been falling down on the job lately, as a blogger, and I’d like to apologize to the one of your who occasionally happens to read my blog.  You deserve better and I’m going to try and give it to you…

 

So, since nothing celebrates your Freedom more than a little craft project, I thought I’d show you something that I have been working on lately. 

015 I purchased this frame on sale a few months ago at Garden Ridge.  I love unusual frames and thought the circular shape and the carvings around the edges were great!  I inserted a piece of scrapbook paper I got from Hobby Lobby and I thought it was wonderful, but the frame was a little too dark, and a lot of the cool details were fading into the background.

So, I made a massive mistake.  I decided to paint it, since that is my solution to everything.  I thought it would really compliment the paper in the middle if it was a beautiful pale pink.  Unfortunately, pale pink, quickly turned into nightmarish pepto pink with, what was supposed to be a metallic accent color.

017

Obviously, it couldn’t stay like this, so… TA DA!!

 

041

042 

Much improved.

 

P.S. I want to send a special shout-out to those who serve to protect our freedoms.  Especially my favorite Marine family: Daniel and Katy.  Thanks for all the sacrifices you guys make.  I love you both.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! You are making me cry a little bit right now! I love you. And thank you.

    Also, I love the improvements. The carvings really do stand out with the light color- so pretty!

    ReplyDelete