Monday, March 23, 2009

Onomatopoeia Television

Oh Spring Break, how I love thee. Let me count the ways:

1. I went to Sherman and celebrated my mom's birthday! It's always good to be home, but this time I really needed it. Although, I think her actual birthday may have been anti-climactic.

2. I worked three days. Three of the most beautiful days known to man. It was breathtakingly beautiful here in the Big TX. So, that means I made those kids stay outside for every possible moment and enjoy the weather. I think I got a little tan.

3. Haircut. Thank you Lord.

4. After three full (miserable) days of car shopping I now am driving a brand new car. She doesn't have a name yet, but I'm working on that. This will be its own blog post to come.

5. On Saturday I got to hang out with some of my favorite people.

My friend Sarah got married in December and returned home with her husband for the first time since the wedding. The Wards are two of my favorite people and we always have fun hanging out. Sarah and I have been friends since my first days at DBU and we are soul sisters and I dearly love her. When I met Justin I quickly realized that he and I are true kindred spirits. Together they comprise one of my favorite super couples. Always up for a good time, they agreed to meet Miranda and I for lunch. Four loafs of bread, a lot of laughter and a really bad, never-ending bit about onomatopoeias later, we were stuffed and I took them for a little spin in my new ride.




Then we decided to head over to Miranda's house where Katy Evans, who just got into town from North Carolina, met us!




And then, my heart very nearly exploded.

Plus, our friend Jessica came and we had the best time. I'm so lucky to have such good friends.

Saturday almost made up for the whole rest of Spring Break. It almost made up for no sleeping in and no clothes shopping (I think I've met my shopping quota for the year due to the car).

And now we're back to normal. No Saturdays in sight. Goodbye Spring Break, Hello Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, this is so sweet!

    My submission for the new-car name: Onomotopeia. Or, Moto, for short.

    ReplyDelete