Monday, March 30, 2009

I Kinda Sorta Used To Be A Big Deal...

Recently my best friend Chels told me that she was working with a boy who went to my alma mater- DBU. To which, my automatic response was:

"Did you tell him I used to be a big deal there?"

I realize this may seem incredibly pompous of me, but I promise I was joking. First of all, when you go to a small enough college- everyone is a big deal. The truth is that I wasn't a big deal, but my friends were. Because when your friends are all gorgeous and funny and outgoing, they're bound to be popular. And you are doomed to making a career out of meeting people 5 and 6 times before they recognize that they may have met you somewhere before.

My claim to fame in college was literally the fact that I was friends with my friends. I did some stuff was on some boards and in some groups and all that, but really I was friends with my friends. My first senior year I was named the Senior Duchess (because I'm classy that way), but that was ONLY because all of my friends were nominated and they split the vote amongst themselves with their popularity and gorgeousness. I swear that's the truth. Ask them.

Well, last weekend when I saw my peeps I mentioned this story to them. Unfortunately, I did not get the laughs I was hoping for. In fact, they all kind of stared at me like I had lost my mind.

Not only did I USED to be a big deal, I'm crazy. And maybe arrogant (I'll ask Jesus to work on that with me).

But, at least I have my former big deal-ness to keep me warm at night.

1 comment:

  1. This made me think of that one time when our popular friends made us split up in the caf, but it didn't work. I hope I never forget how ridiculous we looked as we sat, in like, every other seat in the international section.

    ReplyDelete