Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Obsession That Just Won’t Quit

I may have mentioned once or five hundred times my obsession with the Discovery Channel’s Shark Week.  Specifically my fascination with a little show called Air Jaws which takes place off the coast of South Africa.  So, you can imagine my delight, terror and awe at the following story and accompanying pictures (please, please, please click over!  I promise you it’s worth it!):

Beware of jumping whales if you’re sailing off South Africa - Yahoo! News

Yes.  That is a 40 TON WHALE jumping onto a boat.  (Not to be confused with pictures of me from my last sailing excursion.  I kid, I kid.)

All I can figure is that the whales in South Africa got wind of all the fame that those sharks were getting and this little guy decided to take matters into his own hands and win back some of the limelight.

One thing I know for sure: I will not be riding on ANY boats off the coast of South Africa anytime soon.  Because, honestly?  Sharks, Whales- it doesn’t matter to me.  I’m equal opportunity terrified.

2 comments:

  1. further proof that we share one brain....when i read this story today i immediately thought of air jaws and my ever increasing excitement for shark week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I'm amazed that "mangled" is the only damage done to the boat.
    2. We went whale watching off the coaast in San Diego, and Daniel got super super sea sick. The boat was called "Horatio Hornblower II," but we didn't see any whales. Air whales would have been the cooles thing ever.
    3. My blog is going to disappear tomorrow. We've got to get Mer on this ASAP!!
    4. I sincerely hope Shark Week does not disappoint you.

    ReplyDelete