Sunday, August 23, 2009

Fancy Country vs. Plain Country

I was talking to my mom tonight and we were trying to decide on a location for an upcoming surprise party we are throwing. We really can't think of anywhere in our hometown to have it, because, while I'm sure that the-big-room-at-the-Grandy's is a lovely place, it doesn't exactly scream surprise- in a good way. Plus, you'd have to buy food there to have the party in the-big-room and I can only eat so many honey biscuits (I know, I laughed as I wrote that too. Obviously I can eat my way across town in honey biscuits).

So I was throwing out some suggestions and one was that we have the party up at Chels' family's sale barn on their ranch. My mom laughed about that for a second and then decided: "No. That's fancy country and we're just plain country."

So, for YOUR future reference:

Sale Barn = Fancy Country
My family = Plain Country

So don't come at us with your bedazzled beltbuckle and $300 pair of cowboy boots. Or your sale barn, for that matter. Those are fancy country.

We are more of the big-room-at-the-Grandy's kind of country.
Better known as plain country.

1 comment:

  1. HA! I just love Judy. And I haven't thought about Grandy's in, oh, probably 8 years. But, I have such a vivid recollection of their rolls. Yummee!

    ReplyDelete