Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thursday Thoughts

1. Happy 90210.  I cannot tell you how delighted I was to tune into The Today Show and watch them repeatedly report on the interesting coincidence of today’s date (9-02-10) with photos of Brendon, Donna, Brenda, Kelly, Steve, Dylan and the gang from the early 90’s.  It felt like some strange holiday that I was totally unprepared for.  Although, it did make me crave a nice long Beverly Hills 90210 marathon.

2. Today I decided to tackle cleaning out and organizing my closet.  I began this afternoon and this was the scene in my room around 10:00 tonight:

155730709

I thought maybe Hurricane Earl had swept through and someone forgot to tell me.  Then I remembered that around 4:00 I decided I should go ahead and clean out all my drawers too so I could optimize my cleaning / purging.  Obviously, this plan was well thought out and reasoned. 

I’m dreading sleeping on the couch tonight.

3.  Speaking of dread.  This weekend I will be visiting my storage unit in order to get a few of the fall clothes I have packed there.  That’s right.  I’m bringing MORE clothes into the mix.  Just to give you a peek into the reality of my life:

storage

This was my storage unit when I last left it.  I understand it’s dark in there and I understand it may look like my audition photo for “Hoarders: Buried Alive”, but it’s bad.  Really bad.  Just to further stress my point:

storageunit

4. I am currently having a love affair with Roasted Red Pepper Hummus.  If you haven’t ever tried it you should run- don’t walk- to your local grocery store and try some.

5. Since the weather has been so nice this week I’ve been taking long walks in the evening and each night I’ve ended up at my grandparents house across the pasture.  I’ve been missing them a lot.  They were really special people.

paul and faye 001 (17) My Mammaw and Grandaddy- Paul and Faye.

 

I hope you guys are having a great day!  And for my reader(s) on the East Coast stay safe and keep outta Earl’s way. 

Because, honestly?  The last thing you wanna rumble with is a Hurricane named Earl.

1 comment:

  1. Is that a pink yoga ball in there? Good thing that's right handy for easy access...just in case.

    And oh, my word! Roasted red pepper hummus? My mom had some when we were home in August, and I ate 2 entire containers of it, and 1 since we've been home. love love love!

    I really miss walking with you; I think a little evening walk just might be one of the greatest things in the world.

    gthgg yhg h hg 6hy 766 (That's from Ginger. She's completely fascinated by my computer).

    Oh, and Earl was a big fat nothing. We got a bit of rain, and I probably didn't even need to move the rocking chairs inside. Oh well. Live and learn. At least we had plenty of queso.

    ReplyDelete